In 1982 our congregation moved from a facility on Argyle Street and became Smythe Street Cathedral. We have worked hard to share the message of Jesus in practical ways to our community.
Interesting facts about Smythe Street Cathedral.
- We have been performing a musical passion play in the Easter season since 1992.
- For several years we provided office space for Bridges of Canada (formerly Cons for Christ) a significant ministry to prisoners and their families across Canada.
- In 2005 had to transition from one to 2 morning services to accommodate growth in our membership.
- As an interdenominational church, we are pleased to be in good relationship with other churches in the city, and aim to partner with them in local work
- We have one of the longest runnings of ‘The Alpha Course’ (an introduction to the Christian Faith) in Canada.